CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT MANAGER- ARLINGTON, VA
Responsible for managing the Electrical Engineering Department to ensure that the engineering and management needs are fulfilled in order to achieve the tactical and strategic technical, employment and business plans and standards of Gibbs & Cox.
The department consists of 15+ persons in multiple locations concentrating in naval and commercial ship structural design providing supporting Gibbs & Cox’s maritime engineering design and research requirements in a project environment that covers the full range from conceptual through detail design, construction, test and trials, and post-delivery support. The department is responsible for power and lighting systems design, navigation and control systems integration, interior and exterior communications, and combat systems integration.
- Manage and maintain a properly staffed and trained organization.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of electrical engineering processes, procedures, methods and most importantly, quality assurance.
- Assess and improve the department’s competency and areas of development, including the identification of people, resources and tools and conduct presentations at all levels.
- Help develop and manage budgets, schedules, and project plans.
- Effective communication skills with Gibbs & Cox staff, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Vision and leadership to grow Gibbs & Cox.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 15(+) years’ experience in Naval or Electrical Engineering, with 4(+) years of management experience.
- Experience with power and lighting systems design, navigation and control systems integration, interior and exterior communications, or combat systems integration for naval or commercial vessels.
- A Professional Engineering license is desired.
- Must possess an enthusiastic and energetic personality in order to attract, motivate and lead a disciplined and focused engineering team and to earn the respect and trust of our clients and the Gibbs & Cox organization.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to see the overall picture and envision how engineering disciplines collaborate and integrate in a multi-project environment to create accurate products on time and within budget.
- Experience in establishing an engineering process development methodology, mentoring and training engineering staff, and establishing and monitoring high quality product development goals.
- Experience in the implementation and enhancement of the engineering environment using leading edge computer-aided engineering analysis, and management tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational and time management abilities.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, self-starter and solution oriented.
- Work experience with the US Navy, shipyard, or commercial Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering services firm is desired.