CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
SENIOR MARINE HVAC ENGINEER - ARLINGTON, VA
- Perform calculations applying HVAC engineering principles, techniques, procedures and criteria for Naval and commercial ship designs.
- Develop test procedures to ensure component and system performance.
- Execution of design and other studies, creation of design products (drawing and reports), and preparation of briefings to higher authority.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of HVAC analyses and other engineering documentation.
- Work independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams.
- Client interface, at an appropriate level.
- Manage project schedule and technical product development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering.
- 8 to 15 years of professional engineering experience designing shipboard ventilation systems to commercial and military specs and standards (knowledge of ABS Naval Vessel Rules a plus) is preferred. Commercial HVAC design experience will be considered.
- Proficient in using Marlo Metrics Coil and Stratomizer software.
- Professional Engineering Credential (in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or other applicable discipline) desired.
- Experience working with Military Sealift Command a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US Citizenship required.
Apply by email to email@example.com, and include the position title in the subject line.