CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
SYSTEMS SAFETY ENGINEER/SPECIALIST – ALL LOCATIONS
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well-qualified individual for a position as a Systems Safety Engineer/Specialist. The position may be located in the United States or Canada, depending on the current work load.
- Serve as point of contact for the preparation, delivery, and maintenance of the System Safety Hazard Analysis Report, System Safety Program Plan, Hazard Log, and System Safety Assessments, or equivalent documents specific to the CSC Project. Accordingly, execute the System Safety Program in accordance with the Systems Safety Program Plan.
- Serve as the CSC Project’s Subject Matter Expert to develop and promulgate safety cases to include the following areas: Propulsion, Maneuvering & Navigation, Explosives, Escape and Evacuation, Structural Strength, Stability, Fire Safety, Aviation, and other Hazard areas.
- Prepare Safety Certification Strategy for submittal to certification authority. Prepare and maintain body of evidence/objective quality evidence to underpin certification.
- Serve as the Project’s primary point of contact for the identification, analysis, and development of risk response plans to address hazards to any user, system, and the environment.
- Provide input to the ship system requirements verification plan that would be impractical to physically test due to safety.
- 3-5 years experience in the shipbuilding industry or active duty service time in the Maritime Services (Navy, Coast Guard, Sealift)
- Have a working knowledge of MIL-STD-882 Department of Defense Standard Practice - System Safety and the associated assessments contained therein and the following safety hazards: Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance and Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Personnel. Understand the international standard of Safety of Life at Sea and the Allied Naval Engineering Publication ANEP-77 in order to assist in constructing the whole ship safety case.
Meet minimum plus 5+ years experience to include a BS Degree in the following disciplines: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.