CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture/ marine engineering design firm is seeking an energetic, well-qualified individual for a Structural Engineering position.
Perform detailed technical analyses on ship programs in support of the Department of Defense and commercial clients.
Solve technical problems in the field of structural engineering. Provide technical knowledge on interdisciplinary teams supporting complex ship design projects. Perform technical analyses using finite element analysis and manual techniques. Develop calculations using U.S. Navy specifications, Design Data Sheets, Technical Manuals, and commercial rules. Develop technical specifications and test procedures for validating system performance. Interface with team members. Develop status reports, technical reports, documentation, and high level briefings. Manage schedule and technical product development. Perform quality assurance reviews of products such as analyses, calculations and drawings.
- Candidate must be able to quickly obtain a DoD security clearance.
- BS degree or higher in engineering or related field.
- 3 or more years of related experience.
- Experience using finite element software (FEA).
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard software analysis tools
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience supporting DoD Ship building programs.
Apply by email to email@example.com, and include the position title in the subject line.