CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
SHIP DESIGN MANAGER - ARLINGTON, VA
The Ship Design Manager (SDM) directly responsible for the ship design of a new ship platform for the U.S. Navy and ensuring a technically satisfactory design that meets the ship performance requirements. Responsibilities include:
Ensure that the design is properly executed to the ship design requirements and that the design is completed within schedule
Serve as the lead for the technical community
Serve as the interface between the technical community and the program management team
Identify and manage risk
Oversee actions assigned to the technical community and document technical solutions and/or decisions from those actions
- Must have 10 years of experience in providing program management services to Government Programs.
- Have a proven track record of successfully interacting with customers regarding technical and/or business issues.
- Experience with T&M and FFP contracting.
- Experience with shipyards highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or a related technical discipline is desired.
- A Program Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be a proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff.
- Have solid organizational and time management abilities.
- Possess the personal style needed to work in an energetic and growing company.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in the subject line.