CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - NORFOLK, VA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc is actively supporting NSWCPD electrical division in the areas of electrical power generation, distribution, and automation for US Navy, Coast Guard, and MSC projects. Currently they are actively seeking an electrical engineer to support service life extension programs for ship service power generation and distribution as well as AC/DC electrical propulsion power generation and distribution systems. The candidate shall have a strong aptitude for 450VAC power generation equipment, rectifiers, switchboards, analog and digital voltage regulating equipment and control systems to support NSWCPD.
Support to NSWCPD in the development of electrical power generation and distribution component replacements, modifications, and system improvements to improve system life and supportability.
Specific Functional Duties:
- Work with a Team of electrical and mechanical engineers and designers.Develop system architectures inclusive of power oneline diagrams, block diagrams and other functional products.
- Aid in the development of Systems Requirements Documents.
- Develop wiring schematics.
- Aid in the development of technical reports, develop installation and test procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and provide solutions to control issues related to electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Assist in development of procurement specifications.
- Development of tasking needs for projects.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 15+ years of progressively increasing responsibility working with electrical equipment in a DoD marine environment
- Proficient in the use of MS office.
- Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in the subject line.