CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
PROGRAM MANAGER, NAVY PROGRAMS- ARLINGTON, VA
Program Managers in G&C’s Maritime Services Group (MSG) are responsible for management of programs supporting the Federal Government, including PEO Ships, Missile Defense Agency, U.S. Coast Guard, Naval Sea Systems Command, and Naval Warfare Laboratories. The programs in MSG’s Government Services portfolio consist of providing Program Management, Acquisition Support, Systems Engineering, Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture and Maritime Design services to Government Clients.
The Program Manager is a proven leader of large diverse teams with experience managing large technical teams across organizational and inter-company boundaries. The PM has a deep understanding of technical, financial, budgeting, programmatic, business development and personnel management for government services contracts. The PM possesses proven experience with Program Management of large Government Services Contracts, Business Development, Capture Management and Proposal Development.
The PM has profit and loss responsibility including management, cost and schedule control for programs in his/her portfolio. The PM participates in growth and business development within all Government Services lines of business and collaboratively develops strategic plans for execution including capture management, strategic hiring and identifying strategic acquisitions.
- Recruit skilled resources in a competitive labor market in order to grow and maintain a multidiscipline team within a program portfolio.
- Support our ISO-9001 engineering process and development methodology, mentoring and training staff, maintaining high quality product development goals.
- Interact with customers regarding programmatic and technical issues.
- Liaise with Company leadership to support, encourage and help identify new business opportunities.
- Manage cost, schedule and technical product development.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in providing program management services to Government Programs.
- Experience supporting US Navy shipbuilding programs highly desirable.
- Experience managing government acquisition or technical services programs in excess of $20M with multiple subcontractors highly desirable.
- Have a proven track record of successfully interacting with customers regarding technical and/or business issues.
- Experience with government proposal capture, development and management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or a related technical discipline is desired.
- A Program Management Professional (PMP) or similar government PM (ex. DAWIA) certification is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be a proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff.
- Have solid organizational and time management abilities.
- Possess the personal style needed to work in an energetic and growing company.
Apply by email to email@example.com, and include the position title in the subject line.