CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
PHYSICAL HUMAN FACTORS SPECIALIST – ALL LOCATIONS
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well-qualified individual for a position as a Physical Human Factors Specialist. The position may be located in the United States or Canada, depending on the current work load.
- Serve to oversee the design evolution of systems related to the human to machine interface including operability, maintainability, and recoverability specifically in critical control spaces such as the Operations Room, Bridge, Machinery Control Room, and Communications Control Room.
- The incumbent should be able to understand the Requirements Specifications and other Requirements documents to ensure user interfaces are designed properly for each Developmental and non-Developmental Based System. In addition, relative to the following plans, verify whether the derived system test procedures will be able to result in the needed test results: the Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan and the Integrated Test and Trials Plan.
- Serve as a point of contact for Human Systems Integration Analysis related to systems design and conduct verification activities to ensure interfaces have been developed in accordance with the CSC User Style Guide.
- Serve to verify proper design considerations are taken into account relative to human machine interfaces and analyze the Human Engineering Design Approach Document-Operator and –Maintainer for inclusion of relevant design requirements.
- 2-3 years experience in the area of Human Factors specifically related to a Naval/Maritime Shipbuilding Project
3-5 years experience related specifically to a Naval/Maritime Shipbuilding Program plus a Bachelor’s Degree
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.