CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
NAVAL ARCHITECT - CANBERRA, AUSTRALIA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as a Naval Architect. You will be based in Canberra Australia.
- Works independently (with direct supervision) or on project teams.
- Performs calculations applying naval architecture principles, techniques, procedures and criteria in the areas of:
- Weight Estimates
- Topside Integration
- Intact / Damage Stability
- Develops analyses in area of specialization and prepares technical reports or other engineering documentation.
- Interacts with clients at a peer level.
- Task Manager responsible for technical and programmatic execution of small tasking using an interdisciplinary team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture or other applicable discipline from an accredited university AND;
- Experience with U.S. Naval Surface Combatant design.
- 8 or more years of professional engineering experience.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard naval architecture software tools such as: GHS, SHCP, AutoCAD, MS-Office.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Apply by email to email@example.com, and include the position title in the subject line.