CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
NAVAL ARCHITECTURE ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT MANAGER – ARLINGTON, VA
The Naval Architecture Assistant Department Manager will report to the Naval Architecture Department Manager and will be responsible for assisting with the engineering and management needs of an engineering department with a concentration in Naval Architecture, Weights, and Stability. The Naval Architecture Assistant Department Manager will assist in maintaining a properly staffed and trained organization that can competently service the organization’s maritime engineering design and research needs in a project environment that covers the full range from conceptual design through detail design and construction, test and trials, and to post-delivery support. This person must have demonstrated success in leading a team of engineering professionals with the ability to envison the overall scope and understand how engineering disciplines collaborate and integrate in a multi-project environment to create accurate products on time and within budget.
The Naval Architecture Assistant Department Manager must have experience in and assist in establishing an engineering process development methodology, mentoring and training engineering staff, and establishing and monitoring high quality product development goals. This person must also have experience in the implementation and enhancement of the engineering environment using leading edge computer-aided engineering analysis, and management tools and technologies to achieve the technical standards and strategic business plans of the Naval Architecture Department.
The successful candidate for Naval Architecture Assistant Department Manager must possess the following attributes:
· Able to motivate and lead a disciplined and focused engineering team.
· Technical competency in Naval Architecture to provide guidance and review products
· Proven track record interacting with customers regarding both technical and programmatic issues.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Solid organizational and time management abilities.
· Personal style needed to work with an energetic and growing company and department.
· Proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff.
· Able to personally solve technical problems.
· Flexible, resourceful, with a “figure-it-out-and-get-it-done” approach.
The Naval Architecture Assistant Department Manager must have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in Naval Engineering, with at least 2 years of this experience in leadership roles. Experience at a US Navy-oriented marine engineering and naval architecture services company is desired. This individual should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or related engineering discipline. A professional engineering certification or MS is desired. US Citizenship required.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in the subject line.