CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
SIGNATURES ENGINEER – ALL LOCATIONS
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. We are seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Signatures Engineer. The position may be located in the United States or Canada, depending on the current workload.
- Works independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams
- Able to manage cost, schedule and technical product development for small, focused tasks.
- Able to supervise small numbers of junior staff on projects or teams.
- Has programmatic or technical leadership roles in an organization identifying, formulating, designing and/or testing practical solutions to engineering problems and guide the engineering development of modern complex systems
- Apply systems engineering methods and tools in the development of advanced complex systems
- Providing a range of systems engineering and analysis activities, including requirements development and review, review of performance analyses, test planning support, support for scenario development, review of pre-test predictions, participation in (or review of) studies and analyses, and other such systems engineering and analysis tasking
- Reviewing technical artifacts including concept white papers, technical reports, requirements documents, specifications, change requests and design review packages
- Conducting engineering analysis to support design integration and resolution of emergent issues
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Must have US Secret Security Clearance
- At least five years of experience in an engineering position, three of which must be directly related to Naval systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email email@example.com
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.