CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
MID LEVEL NAVAL ARCHITECT
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as a Mid-Level Naval Architect. You will be based out of our Arlington, VA, Philadelphia, PA, Hampton, VA, or New Orleans, LA offices depending on your current location.
- Perform calculations applying naval architecture principles, techniques, procedures and criteria in the areas of:
- Intact / Damage Stability
- Weight Estimation
- Topside Integration
- Resistance / Powering
- Familiarity with Computational Fluid Dynamics and ship maneuvering prediction desirable.
- Development of analyses in area of specialization and prepares technical reports or other engineering documentation.
- Interaction with clients at a peer level.
- Works independently (with direct supervision) or on project teams.
- Task Manager responsible for technical and programmatic execution of small (<$150K) tasking using an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture or other applicable discipline from accredited university.
- 5 to 12 years of professional engineering and program management experience
- Experience with U.S. Navy and commercial designs.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard naval architecture software tools such as: ASSET, GHS, SHCP, AutoCAD, NAVCAD, SMP, MS-Office.
- US Citizenship required.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in the subject line.