CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
MARINE MECHANICAL ENGINEER - BALTIMORE, MD
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. We are seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Marine Mechanical Engineer.
The Marine Mechanical Engineer will support the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) and Surface Forces Logistics Engineering Services Division (SFLC-ESD). The candidate will provide engineering and technical support in studying, analyzing, and evaluating engineering problems and developing technical solutions.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
- Assist with Senior Mechanical Engineers in design, development, and evaluation of the operation of marine vessels, ship machinery, and related equipment, such as auxiliary systems.
- Team member in supporting the US Coast Guard reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components.
- Assist with performing design reviews, evaluating constructability, helping resolve technical issues, and managing information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects.
- Assist with marine engineering analysis as they relate to vessels.
- Assist with team to create graphical representations of structures.
- Assist with team to inspect equipment or systems.
- Assist in research of advanced engineering designs or applications.
- Assist with preparing technical reports for internal use.
- A Bachelor's Diploma/Degree in Engineering OR PE License OR HS Diploma with 13 years of experience AND
- 3 years of relevant experience.
Experience and Skills Required:
- One (1) years of progressive experience in one of the following marine fields: Auxiliary systems.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email email@example.com
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.