CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
MARINE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT MANAGER - ARLINGTON, VA
- The Marine Engineering Department Manager is responsible for the engineering and management needs of an engineering department of 30+ persons in multiple locations with a concentration in shipboard propulsion and auxiliary system engineering. The Marine Engineering Department Manager will maintain a properly staffed and trained organization that can competently service the organization’s propulsion and auxiliary system engineering and design needs. This person must have demonstrated success in leading a team of engineering professionals with the ability to see the overall project objectives and envision how engineering disciplines collaborate and integrate in a multi-project environment to create accurate products on time and within budget.
The successful candidate for Marine Engineering Department Manager must be an individual that possesses the following attributes:
- Able to attract, staff, motivate and lead a disciplined and focused engineering team.
- Personal skills to successfully interact with customers on both technical and programmatic issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational and time management abilities.
- A technical and managerial problem solver who can identify issues as they arise and initiate corrective action.
- Enthusiastic and willing to instruct inexperienced staff.
- Proven collaborator with superiors, peers, staff, and design teams.
The Marine Engineering Department Manager must have a minimum of 12 years’ experience in ship marine engineering, with at least 3 years of this experience in a management role. Experience at a US Navy-oriented marine engineering service’s company is desired. This individual should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. A professional engineering certification, along with commercial and naval ship design requirements covered in the CFR, ABS and NRV Rules is desired.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org