CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
LAND BASED TEST, MOD & SIM MANAGER – ALL LOCATIONS
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. We are seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Land Based Test, Mod & Sim Manager. The position may be located in the United States or Canada, depending on the current work load.
- Works independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams
- Able to manage cost, schedule and technical product development for small, focused tasks.
- Able to supervise small numbers of junior staff on projects or teams.
- Prepare and review test plans and test reports, analytical evaluation of systems’ compatibility, and development of requirements
- Review and assess contractor designs, conduct trade studies on alternative system design approaches
- Perform detailed modeling and simulation, margin analysis and advanced signal processing algorithms
- Participate or lead technical meetings and government-led studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications meet requirements
- Perform engineering of system architectures, requirements analysis and decomposition, including system performance test and verification
- Conceives, proposes, designs, and builds software projects in support of Research and Development (R&D) activities to develop cyber tools and techniques to mitigate identified vulnerabilities
- Assist in integration of technologies, integration of intelligence, and development of sustainment strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in System Engineering
- Knowledge of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Experience with engineering drawings, drawing management, and Configuration Management
- Demonstrates understanding of performance and requirements analysis techniques, and acceptance testing strategies/methodologies
- Technical skills to understand and analyze system problems, define potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical analysis, assessments and trades and explain results of technical studies in a systems engineering context
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in utility engineering at the senior technical level, program management with at least 5 years of supervisory and program management level experience
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email email@example.com
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.