CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking an energetic, well-qualified individual for a position as an Electrical Engineer for naval and commercial ship design projects. This position will be based in Newport News VA or Arlington VA.
- Manage schedule and technical product development
- Perform quality assurance reviews of simple analyses, calculations and drawings
- Interface with client at peer level
- Direct interface with design leads
- Works independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams
- Perform calculations applying electrical engineering principles, techniques, procedures and criteria
- Develop test procedures to ensure equipment and system performance desired
- BS degree or higher in a relevant field from an accredited university
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience with circuit breaker coordination, fault current analysis, and generator protection systems required
- Experience with power system design, Low and Medium Voltage Systems, harmonic analysis, Integrated Propulsion Systems and Power System Electronics
- Proficiency in using industry-standard electrical system design and analysis software tools such as ETAP, SKM, or EasyPower
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in the subject line.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.