CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
ENTRY LEVEL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - ALL OFFICES
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking an energetic, entry level individual for a position as an Electrical Engineer for naval and commercial ship design projects.
- Experience with circuit breaker coordination, fault current analysis, and generator protection systems required.
- Experience with CVNs, Combatants, Amphibious ships, and other U.S. Naval design desirable.
- Experience with power system design, Low and Medium Voltage Systems, harmonic analysis, Integrated Propulsion Systems, Power System Electronics, and Hybrid Electric Drive desirable.
- Manage cost, schedule and technical product development for small, focused tasks.
- Supervise small numbers of junior staff on projects or teams.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of simple analyses, calculations and drawings developed by junior staff.
- Interface with client at peer level.
- BS degree or higher in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- 0-3 years of professional engineering experience.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard electrical system design and analysis software tools such as ETAP, SKM, or EasyPower.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Work independently (with moderate supervision) or on project teams.
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Apply by email to email@example.com, and include the position title in the subject line.