CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
DESIGNER, I - NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a qualified Designer, II with experience in development of detail design products and drawings for ship construction and modification, using requirements documents, ship specifications and standards, and regulatory body requirements. Must be able to work some overtime as required.
- Minimum of 1 year of Auto CAD experience
- Experience performing tasks requiring skill in drafting methods, procedures and techniques.
- Proven capability to operate CAD systems and develop products on CAD equipment.
- Ability to translate specification requirements, design practices and design standards into drawings and other finished design products.
- Proficiency in 2D CAD and manual drafting techniques and standards.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in the subject line.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.