CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
IT SPECIALIST - NEWPORT NEWS
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 – current releases.
- Experience installing and maintaining Windows 7 and 10 workstations.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft group policies and A/D troubleshooting.
- Experienced with administering and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL server including SQL replication between two office sites.
- Creating new network and email accounts for new hires as well as configuring and setting up of workstations.
- Experience providing desktop support for users on location as well as those assigned off-site. Types of support would entail troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ability to take initiative in learning new programs and processes.
- Experienced with using and providing support for Microsoft Office products as well as other software currently being used within the company.
- Some knowledge of design software (AutoCAD, Intergraph) considered a plus.
- Experience administering Cisco switches and routers, including configuring VOIP services considered a plus.
- Ability to work with a team in a fast paced flexible environment.
- Microsoft certification preferred, but can be substituted for experience.
- Security+ certification a plus
- Cisco certification considered a plus
- Experience in programming and scripting in SQL environments a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- US Citizenship required.
- Security clearance (or ability to qualify for one)
- Current Passport (preferred, but not required)
Apply by email to email@example.com, and include the position title in the subject line.