GIBBS AND COX HISTORY

Gibbs & Cox, Inc. was founded in 1929 in New York, NY, as a successor to Gibbs Brothers, Inc., with the addition of Daniel H. Cox (also of Cox & Stevens, Inc.), a noted yacht designer of the era. Since then, Gibbs & Cox, Inc. has continuously provided services to the U.S. and international navies, other government agencies, shipyards, and commercial clients. Over our nearly 90-year history, more than 6,000 naval and commercial vessels have been built to Gibbs & Cox, Inc. designs. Since 1933, the firm has designed every class of destroyers fielded for the U.S. Navy, with the exception of the DD 963 and DDG 1000 classes. Our recent surface combatant designs include the US Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Cutter (for Bollinger Shipyards), LCS 1 FREEDOM variant Littoral Combat Ship (for Lockheed Martin), the DDG 51 class AEGIS Destroyers (for Bath Iron Works), and the FFG 7 class Frigates for the US Navy).