CAREERS AT GIBBS & COX - Current Openings
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST - ARLINGTON, VA, PHILADELPHIA, PA, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture and marine engineering service firms. We are seeking a motivated and well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Cybersecurity Analyst. As a Cybersecurity Analyst you will be providing subject matter expertise to our Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) clients for shipboard hull, mechanical, and electrical (HM&E) system cybersecurity.
- Provide subject matter expertise support for development of cyber security policy.
- Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise.
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client awareness.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on cybersecurity control implementation for both IT and Platform Information Technology Control (PIT-Control) systems.
- Conduct cybersecurity vulnerability assessments (both shipboard and ashore).
- Interface with clients and certification authorities on issues related to assessment and authorization (A&A).
- Research and test new technologies and tools for cybersecurity innovation for shipboard systems.
- Prepare Risk Management Framework (RMF) documents for submission in eMASS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in an Information Technology (IT) related field.
- Cybersecurity certificate (CISSP, CompTIA+, etc.)
- Experience with DIACAP / RMF package submission.
- Experience with RMF using eMASS.
- 5+ years of experience with evaluating / implementing information security controls for DoD systems.
- 5+ years of experience incorporating cyber security management processes into system design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams is a plus.
- US Citizenship required.
Desired (but required) Qualifications:
- Fully Qualified Navy Validator (NQV)
- IAM Level II/III
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and/or Configuration Compliance Validation Initiative (SCCVI) tool
- Experience as a security controls assessor.
- Experience with PIT system cybersecurity.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email email@example.com