The Gibbs & Cox Employee Mentor Program is structured towards strengthening the employee’s technical expertise through workplace learning and experiences, as well as counseling on specific training programs and courses that can contribute towards the employee’s goals. Participation in the Mentor Program is on a voluntary basis and can be tailored to the goals and objectives of the employee’s Staff Development Plan for career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the benefits and opportunities gained by actively participating in the Mentor Program.
Specific advantages of the Employee Mentor Program include:
- Help employees to determine if their intended career paths are best suited to their skills and abilities
- Help guide employees towards appropriate career paths
- Help employees identify skill areas that need improvement
- Help employees identify possible education and training activities that can help improve specific skills
- Gain valuable experience and skills from seasoned staff that might not be otherwise available through formal training
- Provide a forum for informal interchange with senior staff.
- Provide employees with the opportunity to develop their communication skills and professional relationships with their colleagues.
- Provide employees with the opportunity to learn from day-to-day experiences of other engineers.
- Help mentors to develop leadership and training skills