Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the a Navigation & Integrated Bridge System Engineer for a naval ship design project.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the integration of Navigation System and Integrated Bridge System as part of a multi-disciplinary ship design environment.
- Participate in design reviews, conduct CDRL reviews, detail design drawing reviews, and provide recommendations for the resolution of design issues.
- Evaluate the requirements compliance of Navigation and Integrated Bridge System integration products and participate in the preliminary, contract, and detail design of a naval surface combatant.
- Develop and maintain configuration control of Interface Control Documents (ICDs) between Navigation and Integrated Bridge System component and other system interfaces.
- Review Navigation and Integrated Bridge Systems vendor submittals for compliance to SOLAS/regulatory body requirements, government requirement, and system performance requirements.
- Support development of the Integrate Master Schedule for systems in your cognizance.
- Support human factor reviews of Navigation and Integrated Bridge System designs.
- Maintain currency of Nav/Bridge system best practices, methodologies, initiatives and Integrated Navigation System (INS) and Integrated Bridge System (IBS) advancements.
- Organize, manage, lead and participate in system engineering technical reviews.
- Work with Government and contractor representatives to ensure the plans and products are in place and completed to support successful in-process, milestone and configuration management reviews.
- Provides technical inputs to program management and engineering leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Engineering.
- Maintained recency and experience (5 years within the last 10 years) in Navigation and Integrated Bridge System and ship classification.
- Canadian Coast Guard or Navy experience a great asset.
- Excellent Process Management & Problem Solving Skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- US Citizenship required.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org