Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as a Mid-Level Naval Architect. You will be based out of our Arlington, VA, Philadelphia, PA, Hampton, VA, or New Orleans, LA offices depending on your current location.
- Perform calculations applying naval architecture principles, techniques, procedures and criteria in the areas of:
- Intact / Damage Stability
- Weight Estimation
- Topside Integration
- Resistance / Powering
- Familiarity with Computational Fluid Dynamics and ship maneuvering prediction desirable.
- Development of analyses in area of specialization and prepares technical reports or other engineering documentation.
- Interaction with clients at a peer level.
- Works independently (with direct supervision) or on project teams.
- Task Manager responsible for technical and programmatic execution of small (<$150K) tasking using an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture or other applicable discipline from accredited university.
- 5 to 12 years of professional engineering and program management experience
- Experience with U.S. Navy and commercial designs.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard naval architecture software tools such as: ASSET, GHS, SHCP, AutoCAD, NAVCAD, SMP, MS-Office.
- US Citizenship required.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email email@example.com