Gibbs & Cox, Inc, the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as a Maintenance Engineer for Navy ship designs.
Position will involve working with client, manufacturers and team mates to define maintenance requirements in the design phase to reduce construction and operation costs; as well as being involved with the construction and sustainment of the ships once delivered to the fleet.
- Work independently or as part of a team to define requirements to be levied against manufactures, removal routes on board ship, and review supplier documentation and tech manuals.
- Support delivery of equipment to the shipyard and installation.
- Support screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope, and analysis of required level of planning.
- Estimate maintenance cost and evaluation of alternatives.
- Assess the needs for equipment replacements and establish replacement programs when due.
- Work with vendors to identify replacement components and new technology to improve productivity and performance.
- Verify manufacturers and shipyards maintain high standards for housekeeping, safety, and general maintenance.
- Support Reliability, Maintainability, & Availability Analyses.
- Able to presents issues and solutions to audiences of varying sizes.
- Able to manage cost, schedule and technical product development for small, focused tasks.
- Able to supervise and mentor small numbers of junior staff on projects or teams.
- Advises management and appropriate groups on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provides recommendations for appropriate actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Mechanical or Marine Engineering.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and Kanban.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email email@example.com