Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Lead Supportability/Software Engineer for Navy ship designs.
Position will involve working with client, manufacturers and team mates to define interfaces, support integration, install, configure, and monitor computer products, identify exceptions or faults, debug or isolate faults to root cause analysis, and provide hardware or software maintenance in pursuit of solving a problem and restoring the product into service.
- Work independently or as a part of a team with the client, combat system integrator, and equipment manufacturers to develop strategic and tactical processes for developing software and status development.
- Support testing of code to validate that it meets intended function and interfaces with overall ship communication and combat system architecture.
- Making sure code is well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version.
- Guide suppliers in the development and procurement of new technology.
- Presents issues and solutions to audiences of varying sizes.
- Able to manage cost, schedule and technical product development for small, focused tasks.
- Able to supervise small numbers of junior staff on projects or teams.
- Mentors other engineers and developers by providing technical and business related guidance and resources.
- Advises management and appropriate groups on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provides recommendations for appropriate actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Computer Technology.
- Must have US Secret Security Clearance.
- Good understanding of software engineering methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Excellent Process Management & Problem Solving Skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org