Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Hardware Systems Safety Engineer for a naval ship design project.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on hardware system safety as part of a multi-disciplinary ship design environment.
- As part of an Integrated Product Team, participate in hazard identification and mitigation techniques.
- Conduct Hazard Analysis for shipboard combat systems and HM&E hardware equipment.
- Develop and implement a System Safety Plan and a Hazard Management Plan for a combatant ship design.
- Maintain a hazard tracking system, risk assessments, and progress towards mitigation plans. Provide periodic reports on mitigation step progress to senior leadership.
- Participate in Safety Assessments and Test and Evaluation of combat systems and HM&E hardware systems.
- Manage cost, schedule and technical product development for small, focused tasks.
- Supervise a small number of junior staff on project tasking or teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
- Must have US Secret Security Clearance.
- 10 or more years of experience applying MIL-STD-882 System Safety measures or equivalent to hardware.
- Excellent Process Management & Problem Solving Skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Work independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email email@example.com