Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking an energetic, well-qualified individual for a position as an Electrical Engineer for naval and commercial ship design projects. You will be based out of either our Arlington, VA, Newport News, VA or Philadelphia, PA office.
- Experience with circuit breaker coordination, fault current analysis, and generator protection systems required.
- Experience with CVNs, Combatants, Amphibious ships, and other U.S. Naval design desirable.
- Experience with power system design, Low and Medium Voltage Systems, harmonic analysis, Integrated Propulsion Systems, Power System Electronics, and Hybrid Electric Drive desirable.
- Manage cost, schedule and technical product development for small, focused tasks.
- Supervise small numbers of junior staff on projects or teams.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of simple analyses, calculations and drawings developed by junior staff.
- Interface with client at peer level.
- BS degree or higher in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- 4 – 15 years of professional engineering experience.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard electrical system design and analysis software tools such as ETAP, SKM, or EasyPower.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Work independently (with moderate supervision) or on project teams.
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org