Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering, and design firm is seeking an energetic, well-qualified individual for a position as a Business Manager.
The Business Manager report to the Business Management team lead and works to support the Operational Groups within the company. The Business Manager is responsible for the overall day-to day support for their assigned operational area for Contract Administration, Pricing, Financial Reporting, and other business administration tasks as needed. This position is located within the corporate headquarters offices in Arlington, VA.
Position Responsibilities cover both corporate-wide activities as well as individual operating group support which include (but are not limited to):
- Using the financial management system (CostPoint) to pull data for projects/programs on a periodic basis to provide internal and external financial reports.
- Assist program managers with monitoring expenditures against budgets and to measure actual rates against target rates.
- Work with Operations teams to translate Basis of Estimates into preliminary pricing estimates.
- Work with proposal managers and Operations Managers to prepare “what-if” pricing scenarios for pricing strategy sessions and coordinate/collect subcontractor team member input for incorporation into company Prime proposals.
- Prepare Estimates to Complete and other post award pricing adjustment proposals.
- Work with Program managers to identify job number set-ups that support contractual budgeting and reporting needs. Additionally, pull data across the company for reporting and forecasting needs of the Engineering and Design Groups as well as for overall corporate reports for Bid & Proposal activity, Labor Utilization, Suspense/At-Risk work, etc.
- Collect and maintain rate data for use in establishing Corporate goals, targets, and budgets that support company’s strategic goals. Includes supporting rolling forecasts and budgeting activities as well as actual and variance reporting.
- Support activities to establish teaming relationships. Includes writing, reviewing, negotiating agreements to protect exchanges of confidential information and to formalize teaming relationships.
- Reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions associated with all contracts to which the company is a procuring or performing party. Includes Contracts, Vendor Agreements, Purchase Orders, Consulting Agreements, etc. Additionally, after negotiations are finalized, collecting all contractual documentation into centralized “contract/agreement” files and keeping information up to date and organized for all modifications up to and through contract close out.
- Monitoring contractual compliance to Terms & Conditions.
- Issuance of contractual documentation to entities outside of the company that supports purchase of goods or services in support of a contractual commitment the company has with a customer/client. Includes writing, negotiating, and awarding subcontracts. Small business program also falls within this area.
- If required, coordinate legal input received from various sources into documentation being reviewed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business management field desired.
- 5 or more years of hands-on support experience. Years of experience should be in government contracting environment.
- Requires ability to work under pressure in a self-directed, multi-tasking, fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with working with contracts issued under FAR/DFAR and other Governmental regulations.
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency with Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
- Familiarity with Deltek CostPoint accounting system and reports.
- Strong organization skills and time management proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be reliable and have the ability to pay strict attention to detail.
- US Citizenship required.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff offers the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, in an environment than includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please apply to this opportunity by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.