Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking qualified individuals for the position of 3D Scanning Technicians for both ongoing and future projects. Scanning Technicians will be required to travel in the field and capture point cloud data by utilizing various types of 3D scanning equipment such as the Faro Focus and the Leica P30 series scanners. Technicians will be responsible for processing raw scanner data into various 3d applications including but not limited to 3d solid models, Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality programs, Graphic Design presentations, High resolution Video walkthroughs and other 3d visual applications. This position is based out of our Newport News, VA office.
- Must possess a strong understanding of 3D environment and 3D modeling (blender/Rhino/Autodesk, etc.).
- Must have the ability to take initiative in learning new programs.
- Experience with developing 3d animations is a plus.
- Experience with processing Point Cloud Data is a plus.
- Experience programming for mobile is a plus.
- Experience in programming and navigating virtual environments a plus.
- Knowledge of the current VR market/software/hardware available.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine; prefer Unity.
- Experience writing in C# and other programming languages (C++, Visual Basic, etc.), mostly C# for unity.
- Ability to work with a team in a fast paced flexible environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, 3d Simulation or Graphic Design (with focus in programming in gaming and/or Virtual & Augmented Reality) preferred but not required. Relevant years of experience in 3d scanning and data processing can be substituted for education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- US Citizenship required.
- Current Passport (preferred, but not required).
- Must be willing to travel in both Continental United States and Overseas.
Please apply to this opportunity by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.